Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Treasure Hunting

"After the keen still days of
September, the October sun
filled the world with mellow
warmth..."
        ~Elizabeth George Speare,
           The Witch of Blackbird Pond

   I have been sick with the flu for two weeks now. It infected my entire household and kept us all bedridden. It is nice to finally be up and about again! I had my first outing in a little while and went treasure hunting at a beautiful antique mall in a little town outside of my city. The store is in a large old brick building with creaky wooden floor boards and high ceilings. There are little rooms in the upstairs that individual dealers have decorated. I love the "shabby chic" rooms with the painted and old French pieces. I snapped a few quick photos while I was there for fun - my hand is a bit shakier this time so they aren't fabulous quality but I thought you would enjoy this little peek! 



















4 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks like my kind of antique mall! So glad you are up and at it again!
    Take care and have a great rest of your week,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. how lovely!
    so many beautiful things...thank you for letting us tag along.
    hope you will be feeling 100% again soon!
    blessings,
    karla

    ReplyDelete
  3. How horrible the flu would have been for you all, but what better way to recuperate than a visit to that gorgeous antique mall....so many lovelies Jennelise, specially the chandy, the chest of frames and the chintz china...Take care my friend:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aargh, the flu?! Glad it is mostly behind you and you are able to get out and about. My, but that place has tons of beautiful pieces! Loved the crystal bowls and vases, the chintz, the furniture ... well, everything! So nice of you to share such beauty with us, Jennelise. Stay well! Bess

    ReplyDelete