Thursday, March 12, 2015

Drawings

"I cannot rest, I must draw,
however poor the result, and
when I have a bad time come
over me it is a stronger desire
than ever."
          ~Beatrix Potter

   I have been drawing since I was a very little girl. It was one of my favourite things to do when I was a child and it is still a passion and a joy in my life. Nothing else makes me feel so much like myself. I can grow quite attached to the faces that I put on paper, so much so that they feel like old friends when I look at them. Tiny pieces of my soul looking back at me (I know that might seem dramatic but that is what it feels like!). Sharing my artwork with my blog readers and then my etsy customers has been very exciting! Your encouragement and praise has given me incredible courage and new inspiration! Here are a few of the pieces that I have done recently. Most of them have ended up in the store! I've included a couple pictures of pretty things from the Etsy shop as well. :)















6 comments:

  1. Adorable! Fantastique! I love your blog...you really are an inspiration to me!
    Kind regards from Switzeland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I adore the very first drawing in this post! The background looks like a beautiful just my kind of wallpaper. Perhaps you need to design wallpaper for us! Well, for those who like wallpaper anyway. I keep the picture I bought from you among all of my beautiful china, crystal candle holders, flowers (some from you!) and take it out now and then to admire. I love to doodle but have never done a picture except on the bulletin board in grade school. I think it was Pilgrims that I drew! Thank you for showing beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennelise, you should make your own line of paper dolls! Oh, your drawing are so, so adorable!
    So talented!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful art! I love it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last is my favorite, it seems like a wedding dress and I love it !

    ReplyDelete