Monday, March 7, 2016

Blush

"Oh, Spring is surely coming,
Her couriers fill the air;
Each morn are new arrivals,
Each night her ways prepare;
I scent her fragrant garments,
Her foot is on the stair."
             ~John Burroughs

   It's no secret that I love pink. I like all shades of pink too: soft pinks in the home and bright pinks in my fashion. I grew up in a room that had the palest pink walls and a bright pink carpet. To this day when I see a picture anywhere that has touches of pink in it - whether they be in the decor, on a dress, or even a shade of lipstick - I am instantly drawn to it. I'm not the only one! Last week my little two year old niece was opening a present and when she pulled away the wrapping my Mum said "It's a pink dress!" and she gasped and exclaimed "That's my colour!". Obviously we start the indoctrination early in my family. :) Nothing is more exciting for me though than to find something vintage in my favourite hue. I used to work at a local antique shop and the owners, my employers at the time, are wonderful friends of my family. They sent me pictures last week of a set of antique French plates that they had just unpacked for their store. Pale blush coloured plates with ornate scalloped edges, heavy gold, and roses. Could there be anything more perfect I ask you? I certainly didn't think so and rushed over to see them. Yes, you guessed it, they ended up coming home with me! The set was very large so I gave a couple plates to my Mum (who shares my obsession) and I have even listed one in my Etsy shop! These are a few pictures of where some of my beautiful plates are now being displayed. I just love them! The curvy venetian mirror was a find from an antique sale back in November that I have only just managed to unpack and hang. I think it is so glamorous. :) 












I am sharing with:

2 comments:

  1. Everything is stunning! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the fan favorites at the Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2016/03/the-sunday-showcase-from-make-it-pretty-monday-5.html Have a lovely week! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete